Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Thank you Frances

So, LI is getting the effects of Hurricane Frances. i knew this, I watch the weather channel. That is why I left for work early this morning. Nevertheless, I was totally screwed by the traffic. The Southern State was a parking lot. It took me over an hour to go from the Meadowbrook to exit 17 on the SSP. At that rate, I wasn't going to make it to LGA until at least 12:30. So I called my boss to let him know I was going to be late. He had in fact turned around and given up. He urged me to do the same.

I had a better idea. I met up with Mike and we watched A Shot in the Dark. At noon, we met up with my boss, John at Croxley's Ale house. We had a nice lunch and drank fine beers for hours.

Not a bad way to spend a rainy Wednesday. Hmm...looks like rain tomorrow. Pity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home